Vegetarian Japchae (Korean Glass Noodles w Vegetables)
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) glass noodles
- 1 whole(s) onion thinly sliced strips
- 2 whole(s) carrot thinly sliced strips
- 1 bunch(es) spinach parboiled
- 3 strip(s) soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic finely minced
- 2 whole(s) eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds
- Cook noodles accordingly to package directions. Drain well under cold water and 1 tbsp add sesame oil to avoid sticking of noodles. Cut the noodles a few times with a scissors to shorten.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat 1tbsp vegetable oil and cook onions with minced garlic for a few minutes.
- In the boiling water, add the spinach and blanch for about 10 seconds. Rinse under cold water and squeeze out excess water by hand.
- Cook remaining vegetables in a little vegetable oil for several minutes, they should retain slight crispness. Keep the heat low until noodles are combined.
- Add the noodles to the frying pan and mix well with all vegetables. Then add sugar, sesame oil, and soy sauce tossing well. Sample the seasoning and adjust according to taste preference.
- In another pan, fry the beaten eggs into a flat pancake and shred into long strips. Separating into white and yellow is also okay.
- Transfer to a serving plate, then garnish with sesame seeds and egg strips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oliviajasonkim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note