Vegetarian fettuccine carbonara
Uses white beans, roasted garlic and vegetable stock for sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 head(s) Garlic Roasted
- 6 ounce(s) Can white beans Cooked
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4 cup(s) Vegetable stock
- 8 ounce(s) Fettuccine
- 2/3 cup(s) Frozen peas Thawed
- 4 clove(s) Garlic Thinly sliced and toasted
- Preheat oven to. 375 degrees. Cut off 1/2 inch of top of garlic bulb. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil. Roast until tender, 45-60 minutes.
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a blender or food processor and discard the skin. Add beans and purée. With the motor running, add stock in a steady stream, using only enough to yield a creamy, sauce like consistency. Strain sauce through a fine mesh sieve and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to directions on package.
- In a medium size sauce pan, heat purée until warm. Add pasta and peas and stir to combine. Season with salt to taste. Divide among 4 serving bowls. Garnish with toasted garlic slices and season with pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lkscot and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegetarian fettuccine carbonara Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes