Vegetarian Crab Cakes
Takes a bit of work, but delicious non-crab crabcakes. Got this recipe from a friend who got it from a friend - no idea where it originated. :-)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) zucchini coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs soft
- 1 whole(s) egg beaten
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 0.25 cup(s) parsley chopped
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1. Put the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle lightly with salt. Let it sit for roughly 30 minutes, allowing excess moisture to drain. Squeeze with hand to remove additional liquid; zucchini should be fairly dry.
- 2. Place zucchini and bread crumbs in a large bowl and mix together well.
- 3. Combine egg, Old Bay, mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and parsley in a small bowl. Mix well.
- 4. Pour the egg mixture into the zucchini mixture and mix gently but thoroughly.
- 5. Form into patties; medium sized patties will make roughly 8 patties.
- 6. Heat a small amount of oil in a saute pan and cook patties at medium heat on both sides, browning well - roughly 4 minutes per side.
- 7. Serve
- Note: you can serve with tartar sauce, capers, fresh parsley
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jtanen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note