Vegetarian Cincinnati Chili
Here's a meatless version of a tradional dish in Cincinnati, where chili lovers order their chili by numbers. Serve it over cooked spaghetti for 2-way chili or topped with shredded cheese for 3-way chili. Topping it with chopped raw onions makes it 4-way, while a sprinkling of extra beans takes it to 5-way. We show our chili as 3-way since onions and beans are already part of this meatless version.
- 1 (46-oz.) can tomato juice
- 2 (15-oz.) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 bay leaves
- Optional: cooked spaghetti, shredded Cheddar cheese, oyster crackers
- Combine first 13 ingredients in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting 5 hours. Discard bay leaves before serving. If desired, serve over cooked spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese and serve with oyster crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note