Delicious vegetarian chili. Note: It is spicy! You can use half the amount of the chili powder, cumin, or paprika for a milder chili.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 8 ounce(s) mushrooms sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 12 black olives
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 28 ounce(s) can chopped tomatoes with juice
- 2 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 4 cup(s) beans (pinto, kidney, etc)
- 3 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 dash(es) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- fresh cilantro (garnish) chopped
- sour cream or yogurt (garnish)
- Saute 1st 8 (olive oil through garlic) ingredients for 20 minutes. Add next 8 ingredients (tomatoes through red pepper flakes). Simmer for 30 minutes. Five to ten minutes before serving add white wine vinegar. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jdsmith519 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegetarian Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes