Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 onion (medium) chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 2 green bell peppers chopped
- 1 jalapeno peppers chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 2 can(s) green chilies (4 oz, chopped) drained
- 2 package(s) vegetarian burger crumbles (12 oz)
- 3 can(s) crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1/8 cup(s) chili powder recipe calls for 1/4, but Paige and girls like with half
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 can(s) kidney beans (15 oz) drained
- 1 can(s) pinto beans (15 oz) drained
- 1 can(s) black beans (15 oz) drained
- 1 can(s) whole kernel corn (15 oz) drained
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers. Heat the vegetables through.
- Mix in the vegetarian burger crumbles. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes into the pot. Season chili with chili powder and pepper. Stir in the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans (rinse and drain them all well first). Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RKManning and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegetarian Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews