Vegetarian Cheese Steak
Community Recipe from
- 4 or 5 long hoagie/sub/zep rolls
- 10 to 12 slice(s) white american cheese
- 5 ounce(s) Bob's Red Mill TVP
- 1/2 cube(s) XL cube Knorr's Vegetable Boullon or 2 smaller of another brand
- 4 to 6 ounce(s) Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles
- 2 to 6 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil use sparingly, as needed for taste
- 1 sm. / med. Mayan Sweet or Vidalia onion
- In the microwave, boil 1 cup of water in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup. Remove and add the Vegetable Bouillon. Mix. (Non-vegetarians can use beef broth for a 'lower calorie' sandwich).
- Add 5 oz. (half a bag) of Bob's Red Mill TVP. Allow it to absorb the broth while you...
- Dice the onion.
- Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in a large frying pan. (Add more along the way as needed but keep in mind the TVP has a lot of moisture to it).
- Add the onion and cook until lightly golden (2 to 4 min.)
- Add the TVP mix (2 to 4 min.) Mix.
- Add the Morning Star Farms Grillers Crumbles (2 to 4 min) Mix. Gently sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slice the rolls lengthwise and cover with 2 slices of cheese.
- Top with "steak" mixture.
- Top with an additional slice of cheese and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NeroFiddled and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes