Vegetarian Cheese Steak
Yields 4 or 5 veggie "cheese steak" sandwiches depending on how well you pack them. Feel free to add sliced crimini mushrooms into the mix if you'd like, and/or top with Italian peppers.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 or 5 long hoagie/sub/zep rolls
- 10 to 12 slice(s) white american cheese
- 5 ounce(s) Bob's Red Mill TVP
- 1/2 cube(s) XL cube Knorr's Vegetable Boullon or 2 smaller of another brand
- 4 to 6 ounce(s) Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles
- 2 to 6 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil use sparingly, as needed for taste
- 1 sm. / med. Mayan Sweet or Vidalia onion
- In the microwave, boil 1 cup of water in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup. Remove and add the Vegetable Bouillon. Mix. (Non-vegetarians can use beef broth for a 'lower calorie' sandwich).
- Add 5 oz. (half a bag) of Bob's Red Mill TVP. Allow it to absorb the broth while you...
- Dice the onion.
- Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in a large frying pan. (Add more along the way as needed but keep in mind the TVP has a lot of moisture to it).
- Add the onion and cook until lightly golden (2 to 4 min.)
- Add the TVP mix (2 to 4 min.) Mix.
- Add the Morning Star Farms Grillers Crumbles (2 to 4 min) Mix. Gently sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slice the rolls lengthwise and cover with 2 slices of cheese.
- Top with "steak" mixture.
- Top with an additional slice of cheese and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NeroFiddled and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note