Really delicious (who doesn't like lime & cumin?) and comes together so fast! Tip - on Sunday chop ingredients through mushrooms and store in Tupperware for a super fast (10 mins?) weeknight meal. This is a keeper.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 229
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.8g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 487mg
- Calcium: 211mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese (about 1 cup)
- 8 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Fresh salsa (optional)
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, garlic, jalapeño, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gradually add spinach; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring until wilted. Stir in lime juice, salt, and cumin. Add rice and beans; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- 2. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 2/3 cup mushroom mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Serve with salsa, if desired.
- Kids Can Help: The kids can help scoop the mushroom mixture into the tortillas and then roll them up.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes