- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15.5-oz. cans black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Sour cream, shredded Cheddar, cilantro leaves, sliced radishes, chopped pickled jalapeños, and tortilla chips, optional
- calories 470
- fat 15 g
- satfat 2 g
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 85 g
- fiber 14 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- sodium 636 mg
How to Make It
Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add rice and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Warm remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cup water, beans, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a simmer and cook until most of liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring once or twice. Season lightly with salt.
Combine avocados and lime juice in a medium bowl. Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top with bean mixture, corn, tomatoes and avocados. Serve with garnishes and chips on the side, if desired.