Vegetarian Black Bean Burger
Community Recipe from
- 1 (15 ounce) can(s) black beans mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) can(s) corn roasted in oven
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped finely
- 1/2 red onion chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder more or less if desired
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) breadcrumbs 1/2 cup for mixture and 1/2 cup in a bowl
- 1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Put corn on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and roast for 20-25 mins.
- 2) Meanwhile in a medium sized bowl add mashed black beans, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cilantro, red onion and salt and pepper. Add roasted corn and mix ingredients together by hand.
- 3) Add breadcrumbs to mixture and mix well.
- 4) Make mixture into 6 different burgers and coat in olive oil and remaining breadcrumbs.
- 5) Place burgers on a baking sheet and cook at 400°F for 20-25 mins. (To make crispier transfer to a non-stop pan and cook an extra 3 mins each side on medium heat)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Chawkins5391 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes