Vegetarian Black Bean Burger
Created this recipe and its delicious and healthy! My husband who is a chef and meat lover adored these burgers! Serve on a toasted hamburger bun with lettuce, tomato and a chipolte sour cream. Add a slice of jalapeno pepper jack cheese if desired.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 (15 ounce) can(s) black beans mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) can(s) corn roasted in oven
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped finely
- 1/2 red onion chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder more or less if desired
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) breadcrumbs 1/2 cup for mixture and 1/2 cup in a bowl
- 1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Put corn on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and roast for 20-25 mins.
- 2) Meanwhile in a medium sized bowl add mashed black beans, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cilantro, red onion and salt and pepper. Add roasted corn and mix ingredients together by hand.
- 3) Add breadcrumbs to mixture and mix well.
- 4) Make mixture into 6 different burgers and coat in olive oil and remaining breadcrumbs.
- 5) Place burgers on a baking sheet and cook at 400°F for 20-25 mins. (To make crispier transfer to a non-stop pan and cook an extra 3 mins each side on medium heat)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Chawkins5391 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note