Vegetables with Arugula Broth
The arugula broth is a slightly thickened, glossy sauce.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 (1-pound package) baby-cut carrots
- 1 pound turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (0.75-ounce) package arugula*
- Combine carrots and turnips in a Dutch oven. Add 4 cups broth. Bring to a boil; cook 10 minutes. Add broccoli and asparagus; cook 5 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk together remaining 2 cups broth and cornstarch. Cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pepper. Add arugula; cook just until arugula wilts. Drizzle over cooked vegetables.
- *2 cups chopped fresh spinach may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This