Vegetables for Satay
Notes: Up to 1 day ahead, arrange vegetables (except tomato) on platter, cover airtight, and chill. Season to taste with peanut sauce and serve with grilled foods.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 36
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3/4 pound Chinese long beans or regular beans, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups matchstick-size strips carrots
- 2 1/2 cups matchstick-size strips cucumbers
- 1/2 pound bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 3 to 4 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 firm-ripe tomato (10 oz.), rinsed, cored, and cut into thin wedges
- Spicy peanut sauce
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 2 1/2 quarts water to a boil. Trim ends off beans; cut beans into 3-inch lengths. Add beans to boiling water and cook until they are bright green and just tender to bite, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and immerse in ice water until cool, about 2 minutes. Drain again.
- 2. Mound beans, carrots, cucumbers, sprouts, cabbage, and tomato on a platter. Serve with spicy peanut sauce.
- Nutritional analysis per serving without peanut sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This