- 3/4 pound Chinese long beans or regular beans, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups matchstick-size strips carrots
- 2 1/2 cups matchstick-size strips cucumbers
- 1/2 pound bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 3 to 4 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 firm-ripe tomato (10 oz.), rinsed, cored, and cut into thin wedges
- Spicy peanut sauce
- calories 36
- caloriesfromfat 5 %
- protein 1.8 g
- fat 0.2 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 8 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- sodium 16 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 2 1/2 quarts water to a boil. Trim ends off beans; cut beans into 3-inch lengths. Add beans to boiling water and cook until they are bright green and just tender to bite, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and immerse in ice water until cool, about 2 minutes. Drain again.
Mound beans, carrots, cucumbers, sprouts, cabbage, and tomato on a platter. Serve with spicy peanut sauce.
Nutritional analysis per serving without peanut sauce.