- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spicy pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- Stir together dried tomatoes and 1/2 cup boiling water in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Drain, chop, and set aside.
- Sauté onion and next 5 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in chopped tomato.
- Stir in pasta sauce, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in basil, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked pasta.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Newman's Own Diavolo Sauce for spicy pasta sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This