- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spicy pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- Stir together dried tomatoes and 1/2 cup boiling water in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Drain, chop, and set aside.
- Sauté onion and next 5 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in chopped tomato.
- Stir in pasta sauce, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in basil, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked pasta.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Newman's Own Diavolo Sauce for spicy pasta sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note