Quite a bite from the wasabi, if you're not used to it! But the vegetables were yummy in combination with the rice and seaweed. Fun to prepare.
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell and Jan Gautro
You can use any combination of vegetables to vary this sushi.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 temaki)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 120
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 87mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 2 cups cooked Sushi Rice
- 4 nori (seaweed) sheets, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon prepared wasabi
- 24 snow pea pods, steamed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- Spread 1/4 cup rice on bottom half of 1 nori sheet. Spread 1/8 teaspoon wasabi diagonally over rice, starting at lower right corner.
- Arrange 3 snow peas, 2 pepper strips, and 1 avocado wedge over wasabi. Lift left lower corner of nori over vegetable mixture, pressing gently. Wrap top half of nori over vegetable mixture, pressing gently to form a cone shape. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers