It stays together well, even after cutting, and we don't use the cheese. The flavor and moisture are great, as well. We use this as a weekly staple recipe. When I'm feeling like a little easy mexican this is my go to dish. Just pretty darn delicious all around.
Vegetable Taco Pie
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 package KnorrÂ® Rice Sidesâ¢ - Cheddar Broccoli, prepared according to package directions
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 2 (10-in.) burrito size whole wheat high fiber tortillas
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350° . Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat and cook turkey, red pepper, zucchini, onion and chili powder about 5 minutes, until turkey is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 1/2 cups tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until tomato is soft, stirring occasionally.
Place 1/3 of the turkey mixture in 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Spread 1/3 of the rice mixture on top. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, then top with 1 tortilla. Repeat layers ending with rice. Bake covered 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bake uncovered 10 minutes. Garnish with lettuce, remaining 1/2 cup tomato and, if desired, reduced fat sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes