- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen butter peas
- 3 (14 1/2-ounce) cans reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 156
- caloriesfromfat 10 %
- fat 1.7 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- monofat 0.9 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 7.1 g
- carbohydrate 28.2 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 243 mg
- calcium 70 mg
How to Make It
Broil peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat about 5 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered.
Place peppers in a zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and let peppers stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds. Chop peppers, and set aside.
Sauté onion in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until tender. Add squash and garlic; cook, stirring often, 15 minutes or until squash begins to soften.
Process half of squash mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Return to Dutch oven.
Add chopped pepper, peas, and next 5 ingredients; cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in cilantro; remove from heat.