This is a great recipe from my great grandmother
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) beef broth
- 4 cup(s) water
- 2 pound(s) beef stew meat 1/2 in squars
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped fine
- 1/4 whole(s) bell pepper quartered
- 1 whole(s) bay leafe
- 2 can(s) 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s) 8 ov tomato sauce
- 1 jar(s) 12 oz Heinz Home Style Savory Beef Gravy
- 2 whole(s) large potatoes chopped fine
- 1 can(s) 14 oz Cut Green Beans Discard liquid
- 1 can(s) 14 oz french cut green beans Discard liquid
- 2 can(s) whole kernal corn Discard liquid
- 2 can(s) 15 oz veg-all add liquid to soupe
- 1 can(s) peas Lesueur brand are tender & tiny/Discard liquid .
- 2 can(s) sliced carrots Discard liquid
- 2 cup(s) chopped cabbage
- 1 can(s) pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) Vermicelli #2 pasta
- Put COLD water and Beef Broth into 8 quart pot. Add beef. (Adding meat to cold water keeps the meat from getting tough.)
- Turn on fire. Add onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Continue adding all
- vegetables and seasoning. Taste broth and add seasoning if necessary.
- Cover and gradually bring to a boil, Reduce heat. Keep loosely covered.
- Cook on low heat for about 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add pasta during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by prent222 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note