- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) jar sliced pimiento, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- Leaf lettuce
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
How to Make It
Soften gelatin in cold water in top of a double boiler. Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat; add lemon juice, salt, and hot sauce. Cool. Chill to consistency of unbeaten egg white. Stir in mayonnaise, celery, green pepper, pimiento, and onion. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 4-cup mold; chill until firm.
Unmold salad onto a lettuce lined serving plate. Garnish with egg slices.