Very flavorful and delicious! To reduce the fat calories I used spray oil on the veggies and only added 1/2 tsp of oil to the dressing, increasing the vinegar by a Tbsp. I didn't miss the oil at all. I also only roasted the sweet potatoes for the first 20 minutes so they weren't mushy. served with whole wheat flatbread that I baked alongside the veggies. Will definitely made again!
Roasted Vegetable Salad with Honey Dressing
A touch of honey in the dressing brings out the roasted vegetables' natural sweetness, and their meaty texture satisfies even the carnivores at the table. For an extra layer of flavor, serve the salad with shaved parmesan or asiago cheese.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 379
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 5.9g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Sodium: 455mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 pound orange-fleshed sweet potatoes (often labeled "yams"), peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/2 pound small red thin-skinned potatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium fennel bulb, ends trimmed and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons good-quality red wine vinegar, such as Kimberley brand
- 2 to 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 qts. (about 6 oz.) loosely packed mixed salad greens
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Toss onion, sweet and red potatoes, fennel, and bell pepper in a large bowl with 3 tbsp. oil and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to a rimmed baking sheet.
- 2. Roast vegetables until tender and golden, about 40 minutes, turning over halfway through baking time. About 10 minutes before they're done, sprinkle walnuts on baking sheet with vegetables and toast until golden.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp. oil, the vinegar, honey, and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper.
- 4. Toss greens in a large bowl with one-quarter of dressing; divide among plates. Let vegetables cool about 5 minutes, then transfer to the large bowl. Toss with walnuts and about two-thirds of remaining dressing; spoon over greens. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note