- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 pound orange-fleshed sweet potatoes (often labeled "yams"), peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/2 pound small red thin-skinned potatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium fennel bulb, ends trimmed and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons good-quality red wine vinegar, such as Kimberley brand
- 2 to 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 qts. (about 6 oz.) loosely packed mixed salad greens
- calories 379
- caloriesfromfat 55 %
- protein 5.9 g
- fat 24 g
- satfat 3 g
- carbohydrate 41 g
- fiber 7.2 g
- sodium 455 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Toss onion, sweet and red potatoes, fennel, and bell pepper in a large bowl with 3 tbsp. oil and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to a rimmed baking sheet.
Roast vegetables until tender and golden, about 40 minutes, turning over halfway through baking time. About 10 minutes before they're done, sprinkle walnuts on baking sheet with vegetables and toast until golden.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp. oil, the vinegar, honey, and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper.
Toss greens in a large bowl with one-quarter of dressing; divide among plates. Let vegetables cool about 5 minutes, then transfer to the large bowl. Toss with walnuts and about two-thirds of remaining dressing; spoon over greens. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.