Biscuit-topped Vegetable Pot Pies
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Coastal Living
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces red potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) bunch fresh spinach, tough stems removed, or 1 (5- to 6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Parmesan Biscuit Topping
- 1. Place an oven rack two-thirds up from bottom of oven. Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease 4 (2-cup) ramekins, or 8 (1-cup) ramekins or ovenproof soup bowls. Set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, leeks, and garlic; cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned and all liquid has evaporated. Add broth and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Whisk together cream and flour in a small bowl. Add to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add spinach, and cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in lemon juice. Ladle mixture evenly into prepared ramekins.
- 4. Drop Parmesan Biscuit Topping (about 1/2 cup) evenly onto each pot pie. Place ramekins on a baking sheet, and bake 20 minutes or until browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes