Vegetable Pasta Salad
Yield: 9 (2-cup) servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 249
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 13.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32.3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 314mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chopped ripe tomato (about 5 medium)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 4 cups whole wheat rotini (corkscrew pasta), uncooked
- 1 pound medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 pound large yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Olive-oil flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 10 ounce part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Add tomato and onion. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and add to tomato mixture. Toss well; cover and set aside.
- Arrange zucchini and squash slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat vegetables with cooking spray. Broil 3 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 10 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Cut zucchini and squash into 1-inch pieces. Add zucchini, squash, cheese, basil, and olives to pasta mixture; toss well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note