- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chopped ripe tomato (about 5 medium)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 4 cups whole wheat rotini (corkscrew pasta), uncooked
- 1 pound medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 pound large yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Olive-oil flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 10 ounce part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- calories 249
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 8 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 2.8 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 13.6 g
- carbohydrate 32.3 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 18 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 314 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Add tomato and onion. Set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and add to tomato mixture. Toss well; cover and set aside.
Arrange zucchini and squash slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat vegetables with cooking spray. Broil 3 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 10 minutes on each side or until golden.
Cut zucchini and squash into 1-inch pieces. Add zucchini, squash, cheese, basil, and olives to pasta mixture; toss well. Cover and chill thoroughly.