I LOVE this recipe, and I can't believe it's online! I am making it tonight from the magazine clipping. I have used this recipe for years. It is so easy, so versatile, and so delicious! I add whatever veggies are in season. So glad to see it lives on :)
Vegetable-Pasta Oven Omelet
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Cindy Manning Barr
Add a tossed garden salad and Italian bread to make a well-rounded supper.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 3 dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces vermicelli, cooked
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Drain tomatoes well, pressing between layers of paper towels; chop.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a nonstick 12-inch ovenproof skillet 5 minutes or until tender; add tomato and zucchini, and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Whisk together eggs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and next 3 ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture in skillet.
- Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Shrimp-and-Vegetable Oven Omelet: Toss 2 cups chopped cooked shrimp with pasta mixture. Continue as directed above.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note