WAY TOO MUCH oil. My husband and I could barely eat it! I also thought the saffron flavor was too powerful. The veggie arrangement is a nice one, and this might be good if you dialed back the oil a lot!
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup diced Spanish onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound uncooked Valencia rice or Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon saffron, crushed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 lemons, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°. Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until soft and light brown; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a paella pan or 12-inch ovenproof skillet, and sauté garlic, onion, and peppers 8 minutes or until soft. Add rice, saffron, and salt, and stir until rice is coated with oil. Add broth, and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil, and bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Stir in reserved mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and next 3 ingredients; cover and bake 8 minutes more. Remove foil, and bake 8 to 12 minutes more or until heated through. Remove from oven, and top with olives, green onions, roasted pepper, and lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes