- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup diced Spanish onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound uncooked Valencia rice or Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon saffron, crushed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 lemons, cut into wedges
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until soft and light brown; set aside.
Heat remaining oil in a paella pan or 12-inch ovenproof skillet, and sauté garlic, onion, and peppers 8 minutes or until soft. Add rice, saffron, and salt, and stir until rice is coated with oil. Add broth, and bring mixture to a boil.
Cover pan with aluminum foil, and bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Stir in reserved mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and next 3 ingredients; cover and bake 8 minutes more. Remove foil, and bake 8 to 12 minutes more or until heated through. Remove from oven, and top with olives, green onions, roasted pepper, and lemon wedges.