Community Recipe from
- 1 bunch(es) swiss chard, rinsed and cut into ribbons
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 can(s) cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 2 each medium carrots and zucchini, quartered and cut into 1/4 " pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 cup(s) shredded savoy or green cabbage
- 1 can(s) garbanzo beans
- 3-4" parmesan cheese rind
- 4 cup(s) reduced sodium chicken broth
- salt, pepper, parmesan cheese to serve
- Boil tomatoes 30 sec., cold water rinse, remove skin, quarter, seed, chop
- Whirl half of cannelli beans with 1/2 c. water in blender
- Cook garlic in oil 2 min., add carrots, zucchini, chard stems, salt and cook until stems tender...5 min.
- Add wine and cabbage, cook, stirring until cabbage wilts...2-3 min.
- Add chard leaves, beans, tomatoes, puree, rind and broth. Simmer about 15 min. until all veggies tender.
- Serve with shredded cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ncarli and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegetable Minestrone Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews