- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with oregano and basil, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) package frozen cheese-stuffed manicotti, unthawed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
How to Make It
Sauté minced garlic in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute.
Stir in eggplant and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates. Stir in salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper; add diced tomatoes, and remove mixture from heat.
Spoon half of vegetable mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Layer evenly with stuffed frozen manicotti, grated Parmesan cheese, and half of mozzarella cheese; top with remaining half of vegetable mixture.
Bake at 375°, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with remaining half of mozzarella cheese, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.