I enjoyed the soup. I followed the recipe exactly, and it was easy to make. I wish the recipe would provide information on serving size.
After a hectic day at work, hearty bowlfuls of Vegetable-Lentil Soup await you in the slow cooker.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 11g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 691mg
- 2 cups dried lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan, optional
- 1. Stir together lentils, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, oregano, broth and 2 cups water in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until lentils and vegetables are tender, about 6 hours. Remove 2 cups; place in a blender. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Puree mixture; return to slow cooker.
- 2. Season soup with salt and pepper. Stir in red wine vinegar and serve, sprinkling each bowl with parsley and passing grated Parmesan at the table, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note