- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon organic vegetable broth, divided
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 ounces cave-aged Gruyère cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup), divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, trimmed and very thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- Cooking spray
- 6 whole-wheat lasagna noodles (such as Bionaturae), cooked
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 ounce finely grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- calories 363
- fat 16.2 g
- satfat 6.3 g
- monofat 5.2 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 22 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 33 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 584 mg
- calcium 444 mg
- sugars 7 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine squash, 1 cup broth, milk, and garlic in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until squash is tender (about 20 minutes). Remove from heat.
Place squash mixture in a blender. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Place blended squash mixture in a bowl; add Gruyère cheese and 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, stirring until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook 7 minutes or until browned and liquid evaporates. Add chard and remaining 1 tablespoon broth. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until chard wilts. Place chard mixture in a fine sieve; drain 5 minutes. Place chard mixture in a bowl. Add pine nuts; toss to combine.
Spread 1/2 cup squash sauce in bottom of a broiler-safe 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce; top with half of chard mixture. Dollop ricotta cheese on top of chard. Spread half of remaining sauce over top. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce. Top with remaining chard mixture; top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 5 ounces mozzarella cheese and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until bubbly.
Preheat broiler to high. (Keep lasagna in oven.)
Broil lasagna 3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.