*Substitute thinly sliced zucchini or eggplant for noodles. Can also add ground beef or turkey to vegetable mixture
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg; coat 7 x 10 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook noodles if using noodles.
3. Heat olive oil in skillet. Add vegetables and saute until tender, 5-7 minutes. If using meat, add here.
4. Whisk lemon juice and ricotta in a bowl.
5. Assemble lasagna: place 1/3 of tomato sauce in bottom of baking dish. Layer 1/3 of zucchini or noodles, 1/2 of vegetable (and meat) mixture and 1/2 of the ricotta cheese. Repeat for second layer. Top with remaining zucchini or noodles and sauce, then cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.
6. Remove foil, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake another 15 minutes uncovered, until cheese is slightly browned. Let rest five minutes before serving.
Go to full version of