Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 whole wheat noodles*
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 8 ounce(s) baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound(s) eggplant peeled and chopped
- 3 cup(s) baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced fat ricotta cheese or low fat cottage cheese
- 16 oz can(s) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- *Substitute thinly sliced zucchini or eggplant for noodles. Can also add ground beef or turkey to vegetable mixture
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 deg; coat 7 x 10 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Cook noodles if using noodles.
- 3. Heat olive oil in skillet. Add vegetables and saute until tender, 5-7 minutes. If using meat, add here.
- 4. Whisk lemon juice and ricotta in a bowl.
- 5. Assemble lasagna: place 1/3 of tomato sauce in bottom of baking dish. Layer 1/3 of zucchini or noodles, 1/2 of vegetable (and meat) mixture and 1/2 of the ricotta cheese. Repeat for second layer. Top with remaining zucchini or noodles and sauce, then cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.
- 6. Remove foil, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake another 15 minutes uncovered, until cheese is slightly browned. Let rest five minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PeggyCourtright and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegetable lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes