Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup broccoli flowerets
- 1 cut zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 crookneck squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) container riccotta cheese
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzerella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a 6-quart saucepan over high heat. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 5 minutes. Add carrots and cook for 2 more minutes. Add broccoli, zucchini and crookneck squash and cook for 2 more minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain well.
- Mom lays out the lasagne noodles on paper towels and dries them off so the water doesn't dilute the sauce.
- Squeeze all of the liquid out of the spinach. I take it out of the packages and put it in the center of a paper towel. Then I pick it up by the corners (so the spinach is in a paper towel ball) and squeeze it super tight until no more liquid comes out. Mix your well-drained spinach into you ricotta cheese.
- Spread one third of the marinara sauce into a rectangular baking pan. Line the pan with lasagna noodles. Put half of the boiled vegetable mixture on the noodles. Then put one half of the spinach mixture on that. Then put one half of the mozzerella cheese on top of that.
- Repeat the layers. Once all of the layers are done, top with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until the center is hot.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- You may prepare this up to 2 days in advance. It actually tastes better this way. If it's cold when you put it in the oven, bake it for an hour at 350 degrees.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kristine1979 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegetable Lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes