Really enjoyed this dish. Changed the veggies just a tad: shredded carrots, green pepper, red & vidalia onion, mushrooms. Would have loved zucchini, but being winter, I did not have any. Used the CL basic marinara for my sauce. Skipped the pesto. Used no boil noodles (same cooking time). Subbed cottage cheese for the ricotta, due to personal preference. Added some grated parmesan in with the cottage cheese layer. Meat lover boyfriend also thought this was good. Had enough for 2 servings & 2 lunches. Tastes even better the next day!
This vegetable lasagna is perfect for making ahead and can easily transport to a potluck or the freezer.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 328
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 18.2g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 491mg
- Calcium: 418mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (26-ounce) bottle fat-free tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons commerical pesto
- 1 (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- Cooking spray
- 6 hot cooked lasagna noodles (about 6 ounces uncooked), cut in half
- 3/4 cup (3 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and the next 4 ingredients (mushrooms through onion); cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pasta sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine pesto and ricotta in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture in the bottom of a 8-inch square baking dish or pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodle halves over tomato mixture. Top noodles with half of ricotta mixture and 1 cup tomato mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining tomato mixture over noodles; sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 375º for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Notes: To make ahead, assemble as directed; stop before baking. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature; bake as directed. For easy cleanup, assemble in a disposable 8-inch aluminum-foil pan. If you're making for a gift, deliver uncooked with baking instructions.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note