Fabulous frittatas anyone? This breakfast skillet sensation is layered with hearty and nutritious canned asparagus, potatoes and mushrooms, topped with grated Parmesan cheese. Once baked this delicious and healthful dish is the perfect morning start and a great breakfast or brunch choice on leisurely weekends!
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) asparagus cuts and tips, drained
- 1 cup canned, sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large plum tomato, sliced 1/4inch thick
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Beat the eggs with parsley, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a medium, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over mediumhigh heat. Add one tablespoon olive oil and onions, and cook until lightly browned. Remove onions from the skillet and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean and return to heat. Add remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add eggs and cook over mediumhigh heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the eggs begin to set. Sprinkle onions, asparagus, potatoes, mushrooms, and tomato over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the egg is set in the center. Slide the frittata onto a serving dish and cut into quarters.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note