Vegetable Fried Rice
Vegetable fried rice, which can be frozen and then combined with leftover meats when heated and eaten.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 scallions sliced
- 2 cup(s) vegetables of choice: carrots, zucchini, red pepper, snow peas, e finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup(s) uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) low sodium soy sauce
- sesame oil to taste, if desired
- Cook brown rice and white rice, separately, according to directions. Allow to cool.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add garlic, scallions and other vegetables and cook for 5 minutes or so, stirring often. Add cooled rice and mix. Add soy sauce and, if using, sesame oil.
- Split fried rice into portions and freeze. To prepare for a meal, defrost rice portion. Heat a frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil. Add chopped, leftover meat as desired: pork, chicken and beef work well. Add rice, mix and heat to desired temperature. Serve with additional soy sauce, sesame oil and/or rice vinegar if desired for added flavor.
- Prep time includes time for cooking rice. Cut up vegetables and take out additional ingredients while rice is cooking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LaurieB9591 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes