easy and great to make and leave overnight, served with fresh fruit a perfect guest breakfast. No need to fuss 9in the morning
More From Allyou
Chill: 4 Hours
Stand: 30 Minutes
Bake: 1 Hour
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 247mg
- Sodium: 906mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 scallions, white and light-green parts only, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 5 whole-wheat English muffins, split, toasted and quartered
- 2 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar
- 8 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add scallions, sprinkle with salt and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, bell pepper and broccoli; cook, stirring often, until all vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange English muffin pieces on bottom of dish, cut sides up. Scatter vegetable mixture over muffins, and sprinkle with 2 cups cheese.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard and hot sauce, if desired; season generously with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly over mixture in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 4. Let strata stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375ºF; line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Remove plastic wrap from baking dish and cover with foil. Place dish on baking sheet; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; bake until golden and just set in center, 20 to 30 minutes longer. Let stand on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note