Photo: Andrew McCaul; Stylist: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 631
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 70g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Sodium: 1116mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper, optional
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 packed cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, divided into 4 portions
- 1 large egg
- 1. Place a rack on bottom shelf of oven; preheat to 450ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- 2. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until softened, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper, if desired. Sauté for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low. Add broccoli. Sauté for 2 minutes. Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in spinach.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Stir in broccoli mixture. Working with 1 portion at a time, roll out dough on a lightly floured counter into 8-inch rounds. Divide filling among dough circles (about 3/4 cup each). Fold dough over to enclose filling; press to seal edges. Beginning in 1 corner, stretch sealed edge outward, pinching and rolling dough up and over to form a decorative edge.
- 4. Transfer calzones to baking sheet. Whisk egg with 1 tsp. water. Brush top of each calzone with egg wash. Cut 3 small vents in each calzone. Bake until golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Serve with tomato sauce if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This