Vegetable Beef Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 - 1 1/2 pound(s) Ground Beef, no less than 10%
- 8-12 spear(s) Okra, Slice
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Small Dice
- 2-3 ear(s) Corn, Off the Cob
- 2 spear(s) Celery, Small Dice and Chop the Leaves
- 2-4 Carrots, Small Dice
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Small Dice
- 5 clove(s) Garlic, Mince
- 1/2 pound(s) Fresh Green Beans, One Inch Pieces
- 3 Large Russet Potatoes, Pieled and Medium Dice
- 1 cup(s) Frozen or Fresh Green Peas, Optional
- 1 cup(s) Frozen Lima Beans, Optional
- 1 cup(s) Barley, Cooked Separately
- 2-3 can(s) Stewed Tomatoes, Small Cans
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Greek Seasoning, or To Taste
- 3/4 tablespoon(s) Dry Basil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Pepper
- up to 1 quart(s) Water
- 1. Brown beef with salt and pepper, scoop out and set aside
- 2. Saute onion and garlic in beef drippings for 3-5 minutes.
- 3. Saute carrots and peppers for 5 minutes.
- 4. Put all the vegetables except for the potatoes into the pot. Add beef back in. Add seasonings.
- 5. Add the water and tomatoes.
- 6. Bring to a boil for 10-15 minutes.
- 7. Add potatoes.
- 8. Continue to boil for 15 minutes and then lower the heat to low and cook for an additional hour.
- Cut all veg except for potatoes to the same size.
- Garlic and Greek Seasoning add the flavor.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferschorus and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note