Used Luzianne seasoning which added the perfect flavor and just a little zing. Boyfriend loved it!
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 587mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons spicy herb blend
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen gumbo vegetables mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped onion
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place flour in a large zip-top plastic bag; add steak cubes. Seal and shake to coat. Remove steak from bag; set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add steak, and cook until browned on all sides.
- Place steak and remaining ingredients in a 4-quart electric slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 6 hours or until meat is done and vegetables are tender.
This recipe has been retested for Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, 2012
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews