- 1/2 (16-oz.) package uncooked wide egg noodles
- 4 bacon slices
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: flat-leaf parsley sprig
How to Make It
Prepare egg noodles according to package directions; drain noodles, and keep warm.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tsp. drippings in a small bowl. Discard remaining drippings. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel. Crumble bacon.
Sauté chopped onion in hot reserved drippings over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add squash, zucchini, and tomatoes; sauté 6 minutes or until squash and zucchini are crisp-tender. Add egg noodles, bacon, vinaigrette, and next 3 ingredients, stirring until well blended. Cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette.