Love this recipe, i did add mushrooms the last hour of cooking and i used light coconut milk. I make this every other week.
Vegetable and Chickpea Curry Recipe
Aromatic Indian spices mingle with chickpeas, green beans, and potatoes. Coconut milk is stirred into the cooked curry for a creamy finish. Serve over quickcooking couscous.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup (1/4inchthick) slices carrot
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed peeled baking potato
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup (1inch) cut green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14.5ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14ounce) can vegetable broth
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 6 lemon wedges
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add curry powder, sugar, ginger, garlic, and chile; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Place onion mixture in a 5quart electric slow cooker. Stir in chickpeas and next 8 ingredients (through broth). Cover and cook on HIGH 6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Add spinach and coconut milk; stir until spinach wilts. Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MonicaBP3 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegetable and Chickpea Curry Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes