VEGAN Tomato & Red Pepper soup
- 3 whole(s) Red Peppers
- 20 whole(s) Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon(s) Mustard Seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) Creamed Horseradish
- 1 whole(s) onion
- 2 cup(s) Stock
- 1/2 cup(s) Soy milk
- 1) Sweat chopped onions & mustard seeds for 2-3 minutes (In marge or oil according to personal preferences. Stir in horseradish.
- 2) Add 20 roughly chopped tomatoes and sweat for a further 2 minutes
- 3) Add stock (I use garlic, but you cold use a veggie stock)
- 4) Simmer for 2 hours
- i) Halves and de-seed peppers then roast in a very hot oven till the skins blacken
- ii) Cover in a bowl for 20 minutes then remove skins.
- (back to main recipe)
- 5) Liquidize/blend the tomato mixture and the peppers
- 6) [IF you want a creamy soup... put the result through a fine sieve]
- 7) Add milk, then gently reheat.
- (garnish. Optional)
- 2-3 Fry's Vegetarian sausages (chopped in to cubes) & 4 slices of bread mad into croutons.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefDrT and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note