VEGAN Roast (Marinated) Vegetables, Basamati Rice & Peanut Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Pepper (I used Orange) Cubed
- 12 whole(s) Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 whole(s) Pickling Onions Halved
- 4 whole(s) Courgettes (Nice young ones) Cur into good size pieces
- 1 cup(s) Basmati Rice Or more if you prefer
- 3 tablespoon(s) Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Sugar (I use soft brown)
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 pinch(s) Ground Ginger
- 1 whole(s) Shallot Chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 6 ounce(s) Roasted Peanuts (Shelled) I use 130 grams!!!
- 2/3 can(s) Coconut Milk About 150-200 ml
- 1/2 whole(s) Lemon (Just the juice)
- 1) Make the marinade with Soy sauce, Sugar, garlic powder, Ground Ginger....
- 2) Toss Vegetable in Marinade (1) And leave for a goodly time to soak in the flavors.
- 3) Make the sauce... Brown the Shallot (about a minute)
- 4) Stir in about 2 tblspoons of the Marinade (rescued from the vegetables), sugar & Peanuts. Reduce the heat and simmer for about a minute.
- 5) Pour in the coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes till the smell starts to drive you crazy.
- 6) Add the lemon juice, give it a bit of a whisk, then put to one side (The sauce can be warmed through when required.)
- 7) Heat the oven to roasting temperature....
- 8) get the rice on (which should take about 20 mins)
- 9) get the veg on ( which should take 10-15 minutes)
- 10) Warm the sauce (5-10 minutes)
- Get ready for the taste explosion!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefDrT and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note