VEGAN Roast (Marinated) Vegetables, Basamati Rice & Peanut Sauce
Wonderful, light, & leftovers are great for lunch the next day. Recipe was adapted from 'Vegetable Kebabs' on BBC Food
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Pepper (I used Orange) Cubed
- 12 whole(s) Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 whole(s) Pickling Onions Halved
- 4 whole(s) Courgettes (Nice young ones) Cur into good size pieces
- 1 cup(s) Basmati Rice Or more if you prefer
- 3 tablespoon(s) Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Sugar (I use soft brown)
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 pinch(s) Ground Ginger
- 1 whole(s) Shallot Chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 6 ounce(s) Roasted Peanuts (Shelled) I use 130 grams!!!
- 2/3 can(s) Coconut Milk About 150-200 ml
- 1/2 whole(s) Lemon (Just the juice)
- 1) Make the marinade with Soy sauce, Sugar, garlic powder, Ground Ginger....
- 2) Toss Vegetable in Marinade (1) And leave for a goodly time to soak in the flavors.
- 3) Make the sauce... Brown the Shallot (about a minute)
- 4) Stir in about 2 tblspoons of the Marinade (rescued from the vegetables), sugar & Peanuts. Reduce the heat and simmer for about a minute.
- 5) Pour in the coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes till the smell starts to drive you crazy.
- 6) Add the lemon juice, give it a bit of a whisk, then put to one side (The sauce can be warmed through when required.)
- 7) Heat the oven to roasting temperature....
- 8) get the rice on (which should take about 20 mins)
- 9) get the veg on ( which should take 10-15 minutes)
- 10) Warm the sauce (5-10 minutes)
- Get ready for the taste explosion!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefDrT and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note