Vegan Nacho Sauce
This is a vegan version of the melted nacho cheese dip that you might get at a movie theater or other event, often served with corn chips and jalapenos. It is a winner with kids, and I like to serve it with enchiladas and chili potatoes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 1/4 cup(s) Raw cashews Soaked for at least an hour beforehand
- 4 ounce(s) roasted red peppers From a jar
- 1 cup(s) Nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cumin heaping
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan and whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Can be stored in serving size containers in the freezer, and defrosted in microwave or on stove top before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SuebirdQuebec and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegan Nacho Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads
- CUISINE: Southwest