Vegan Gluten Free Tacos
I made this espcially for my husband. He is a meat and potatoes guy, but he loved this. I use a mandolin slicer to make quick work of the veggie prep. You can also use the frozen pepper and onion mix.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 piece(s) corn tortillas steam in microwave
- 1 can(s) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 whole(s) red bell pepper sliced or diced
- 1 whole(s) green bell pepper sliced or diced
- 1 pinch(s) ground cumin add to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) oil less is better
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion sliced or diced
- 1) Steam the corn tortillas in the microwave. Wrap them in a damp paper towel and cover them with another dish. Covering them is critical to the steaming process.
- 2) Oil a pan and saute the onions for 5 min, add the bell peppers and cook until tender crisp.
- 3) Reheat the refried beans in a pot.
- 4) Take a corn tortilla, smear some beans on one side, add pepper onion mix and fold in half.
- Goes well with salsa or a squirt of fresh lime and cilantro.
- Side dish suggestion: Spanish rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by monica1978 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note