VEGAN Collonial Apple-Cabbage Skillet
Community Recipe from
- 3 whole(s) Apples (! prefer a sweet variety such as Jazz)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Margarine
- 6 cup(s) Cabbage Finely sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) Onion sliced
- 4 whole(s) Frys Sausages or other Vegan equivalent
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 1) Peel core an grate 2 of the apples, the other one can just be quartered and is used as a garnish.
- 2) Lightly fry the Frys then slice
- 3) Saute cabbage and grated apples in the butter until softened (but not coloured... i.e. use a medium temperature!) [Preferably do this in a skillet]
- 4) add vinegar, a tablespoon of water, and salt/pepper as desired.
- 5) Add sausages and keep over a medium temperatures until heated through.
- 6) Lie 4 apple quaeters on top
- 7) Wait patiently for a few minutes.
- The leftover make a great lunch the next day as the flavor 'sweetens' overnight.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefDrT and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes