VEGAN Collonial Apple-Cabbage Skillet
A refreshing light main (so long as you like cabbage!)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 whole(s) Apples (! prefer a sweet variety such as Jazz)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Margarine
- 6 cup(s) Cabbage Finely sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) Onion sliced
- 4 whole(s) Frys Sausages or other Vegan equivalent
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 1) Peel core an grate 2 of the apples, the other one can just be quartered and is used as a garnish.
- 2) Lightly fry the Frys then slice
- 3) Saute cabbage and grated apples in the butter until softened (but not coloured... i.e. use a medium temperature!) [Preferably do this in a skillet]
- 4) add vinegar, a tablespoon of water, and salt/pepper as desired.
- 5) Add sausages and keep over a medium temperatures until heated through.
- 6) Lie 4 apple quaeters on top
- 7) Wait patiently for a few minutes.
- The leftover make a great lunch the next day as the flavor 'sweetens' overnight.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefDrT and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note