Vegan Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 cup(s) soy milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz can(s) pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan with dairy-free margarine or oil and all-purpose flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the soy milk and lemon juice (or cider vinegar). Allow mixture to rest for at least 5 minutes or until thick. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt until well mixed. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the sugar, maple syrup, canola oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the pumpkin puree and beat again until smooth. Add the flour mixture and the soy milk mixture in several additions until all ingredients have been added, alternating between the flour mixture and the soy milk mixture, and ending with the flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Place the pan in the preheated oven on the middle rack, and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until the surface of the cake springs back slightly when touched or a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake emerges clean.
- Allow the cake to cook for 30 minutes in the pan on a wire cooling rack, then gently remove the cake from the pan, inverting on a wire cooling rack, and allow the cake to cool completely.
- Simple Icing:
- 1 1/2 C confectioners sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla, almond or lemon extract
- Place the confectioners sugar in a small mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the vanilla soy milk and lemon extract until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle over cake once it has cooled completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by maryannrinkleff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegan Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings