Vegan Black Bean Burgers
- Food Processor
- 2 teaspoon(s) Egg replacer
- 2 tablespoon(s) water mixed with egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon(s) Onion powder
- 1 can(s) Refried black beans
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Chipotle pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Mesquite liquid smoke
- 2 21/2 cup(s) Mushrooms chopped
- 1 whole(s) Onion - large chopped, sauteed
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 can(s) Black beans drained, rinsed
- 1 cup(s) Raw sunflower seeds soaked for at least an hour, and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Blend 'Food Processor' ingredients together in food processor. Transfer to large empty bowl. Add 'Other' ingredients one by one, folding them in completely before adding the next ingredient. You should end up with a pasty mixture.
- Place parchment paper on two cookie sheets. Using a 4" diameter cookie cutter, fill the cookie cutter with 1/2 cup of the mixture, pat down and lift the cookie cutter, leaving a perfectly round disc shaped patty.
- Repeat to make 16 patties. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, flip them all over once, and return to oven for another 20 minutes. Remove, and serve with favorite burger buns and condiments. My husband and I like them with guacamole, hot sauce, jalapenos, tomatoes and lettuce. My kids like them with ketchup and mustard.
- These can also be frozen in bags for use later.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SuebirdQuebec and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note